My name is Katie Rose (SC username katie rose). I live in a small town on the coast of New Hampshire with my husband and our 3 kids…2 boys ages 15 and 12 and a little girl who is 7. I’ve been scrapbooking for about 12 years, although I grew up making collages with pictures and stickers so I feel like I have been doing it in some way most of my life! I think my style changes a little year after year but I always try to keep the focus on my photos. It was through scrapbooking that I fell in love with photography as well. I discovered Studio Calico a few years ago and it really changed the way I scrapbooked. I love the ease of putting together layouts with a kit and at the same time feel challenged and inspired to use all the different pieces of the kit. I love the community here and am continually inspired by the design team and other members.
SC Member since : October 2010
All time favorite past kit or collection : Roller Rink! I just loved all the fun colors in this kit, and those woodgrain thickers...yum!! This was the kit that made me fall in love with enamel dots and wood veneer arrows:)
What do you do when your kit comes? Do a fist pump of course!! Then I make sure I have some uninterrupted time to myself to savor the opening of it! I open each kit/addon separately, checking out all the little details. Then I put them all together, except for the PL kit.
What's your go to technique? I think my go to technique would be using a grid design. There are a lot of ways to vary a grid which leads to lots of possibilities.
Share your top 5 products :
1. Sihouette Cameo...how did I ever live with out this! Since I got it about a year and a half ago there is hardly a layout I make that I do not use a Cameo cut on. I use it for titles, shapes, and print and cut for printables.
2. Studio Calico wood veneer and cork arrows...love,love,love these!!
3. Foam adhesives... Lately I have been using these on almost every page. I just love the added dimension it gives to my layouts.
4. SC printables... I am pretty much obsessed with these. I think they give the perfect finishing touches to my pages. Often if I am looking at a layout feeling like something is missing I add these and it feels perfect! They match the kits so well. And ever since I learned the print and cut feature on the Slihouette...well, lets just say it was life changing!
5. Stamps/black stazon ink...I'm putting two here because I think they go hand in hand. I was never really a stamper until I joined Studio Calico. Since most kits come with a stamp I started using them and discovered that I love them! I especially love little phrases and use them a ton in my Project Life.
Where do you go when your mojo is low? Pinterest is probably my biggest go to. Lately I'm super inspired by quilt designs and sometimes seeing one of these will get my mojo going. I'm always inspired by the designer and member galleries here at SC. Sometimes when my mojo is low I grab my kids and go take some pictures...I am most inspired when I have pictures and stories to scrap. I also love to use sketches and participate in challenges...those always seem to help!
Thank you for letting us spotlight you, Katie! If you'd like to see more of Katie's work, stop by her blog or her Studio Calico gallery.