We haven't done one of these in a while, and the confessions thread and another discussion reminded me of how fun these are. We also have lots of new members. So, this could be a good way to get to know each other:
Five Random Facts that few people (or only your closest friends) know about you:
1. My favorite to share: I've partied with Stephen Tyler... back in the 80's... in the green room backstage at a concert.
2. My now ex-husband and I eloped after only knowing each other 3 months and were married in Vegas with no money to our names, thereby causing our wedding night to be spent in the front seat of our car driving home somewhere between Tucson (AZ) and Vegas (NV).
3. I have a weird tactile sensitivity that freaks me out whenever I touch satin, silk, chenille, microfiber cloths, or wet feet, meaning I don't wash my feet (with my hands).
4. I am 90x more likely to cry in a movie if an animal dies than if a person dies.
5. I've rescued more stray animals (from parking lots, freeways, intersections, bus stops, etc) than I can count on all my fingers and toes. About 1/3 of them have ended up as pets... including one dog I found eating out of a garbage can at a bus stop that I took to the city pound only to go back for her a week later (and then have to pay for her adoption fees!)
1. I cannot watch movies or read books where animals are hurt or die.
2. Dustin Hoffman blew kisses to my good friend in high HS and I from his limo after we met him in NY.
3. I clip my toenails every other night, I would clip them every night if there was enough to clip.
4. The sound of styrofoam or people ripping paper towels makes me want to run from a room screaming or cause the person making the noise bodily harm.
5. Hair not attached to a head freaks me out more than spiders or snakes. Even the pretend hair little kids wear now scares me.
I refused to even watch the movie Spirit - a cartoon horse movie because of what happens to the horse!
1. I was shot in the arm with a gun when I was in 3rd/4th grade by my dad. It was an accident but to this day they freak me out because no matter how careful you are accidents happen. I am proof.
2. I met my husband on match.com.
3. I hate listening to people chew. My newest thing is the way my husband eats graham crackers. I have to leave the room or it drives me nuts.
4. I have a hard time watching new movies because I have to know what other movies the actors were in or it's all I can think about the entire time if I can't remember.
5. We do not watch sports in our house. Neither of us could really care what teams win what. It's just not our thing.
1. Im becoming such a germaphobe. I carry wipes, antibacterial spray and gel and make my daughter carry it because i watch for people that dont wash their hands (most dont) after using the restroom and i refuse to open any door without a napkin or something.
2. I love reading crime novels and mysteries but refuse to watch the news bcause it fraks me out.
3. I love watching live sport but cringe when we have sports radio or televised sports on in the house (except football)
4. I want to go back to schol and become a librarian but im afraid i wouldnt find a job and dont want to waste my time or money.
5. I despise going out to the movies now because there are so many rude people that talk on their phone, or use their phone or talk during the movie and it drives me nuts because i will totally tell them to behaveand start a riot embarrassing my family. Its not even the kids most times, its adults.
1. I am named after both of my grandmothers, first and middle name.
2. I am hooked on Bravo tv, it is like crack to me
3. Me and 2 of my friends were almost kidnapped at gunpoint. A random cop just happened to drive by at the exact moment and the guy pulled away really fast.
4. I always wanted a brother growing up.
5. Sometimes when my kids ask for something to eat that i don't feel like making i lie and tell them we don't have it and make them something easier.
1. I can't watch people brush their teeth on tv. It gives me the chills and I have to turn the channel.
2. I am never without lotion. I hate how dry skin feels and it pretty much grosses me out.
3. I LOVE feet... Love baby feet, love my husbands feet, he loves that I love his feet.
4. I am a closet rap/r&b hip hop music fan. My husband has no idea. I don't have any of those channels programmed in the car an my husband dispises that 'type' of music-he likes classic rock. But now when I have the lil girls with me, they are singing some of that music so I think I'm busted a lil bit!
5. I shop a lot and return things bc of buyers remorse. I don't do it nearly as much as I use to do. But I still do it. I have a tervis type cup from target in my car right now to return. I knew it was expensive, thought I needed it. Got home and never took it out of the car so I could return it. Crazy.
1. Growing up I had a crush on my husband's older brother for years. (And yes, they both know about it now.)
2. My husband is 1' 1" taller than me!
3. I have a very high threshhold to pain. I've had several surgeries and the doctors are always amazed at how little pain I feel.
4. I hate sports. And by hate, I really mean HATE!
5. I love roller coasters. At the NJ Six Flags me and my husband rode all the coasters in one day, except the old wooden one, because he was too tall to fit in it.
1. I am deaf in my right ear,wasn't discovered until I was 5 so my parents do not know if I was born that way . 2. I HATE any bugs(spiders mostly) I would rather have a snake around then a spider and that says alot. 3. I only eat American or Italian food. 4. I love watching the Cincinnati Reds, I love Nascar(Jeff Gordon fan), golf(Phil Mickelson fan). 5. I have never ever liked soda, I only drink coffee, tea(hot) or water.
1. I have an obsession with washing my hands and using lysol and clorox wipes on everything.
2. I am addicted to Diet Coke, as in 9+ cans a day. Only in a can. I used to drink a 12 pack a day.
3. I am the oldest of 7 children and the only one not divorced (been married 25 years).
4 When watching a suspenseful movie, I like to go on IMDb and read the spoilers to see who dies and what happens at the end.
5. I hate other people's feet, I have never ever touched my husband's feet either. gross. My daughter is the same - hates feet and will cry if someone puts their feet on her.
1. I met my husband in a bar. I called my mom at 2am that night and told her I'd met the man of my dreams. We were married 4 months later. We will have our 9th wedding anniversay next March.
2. I hate a dirty house + will clean everyday if it is dirty. I hate piles + clutter also. Except in my scrapbook room. There is crap piled everywhere in there!
3. I am a twin. My parents didn't know they were having twins until I was born though. I am 4 min younger than my brother.
4. I am never usually jealous over someone's stuff (house, car, clothes) - but I am secretly jealous of familys who all live in the same town and spend Sunday dinners together. My family is far away, and sometimes I wonder what it would be like to have 'sunday dinner' at Momma's house.
5. I like to travel - for about a week. Then I am ready to come back home. I love my house!
What a funny thread! ummmm
1. I had plastic surgery on my nose at 15. I am half Danish and the Viking nose on a girl was just not working out.
2. I also was almost kidnapped not once but twice....both times people came running. So sadly my kids don't get as much freedom as their friends...
3. My second daughter was a home birth. Born on our living room floor and weighed over 10 pds...
4.I won a diamond necklace at a nationwide poetry competition at 13
5. I attended an America missionary school in the Amazon in Brazil
1. I'm an INFJ on the Briggs-Meyer personality test, which I think describes me way too accurately for my own good.
2. While researching family history with my cousin, we found out that we are related to FDR, and our great-great....whatevers came over on the second ship 'The Fortune'. And some other awesome stuff.
3. Sports make me cry. I cried most of the Superbowl (I'm a die hard ny giants fan), I cried a lot during the olympics, and two summers ago when the US made it out of the group round with a last minute goal, I cried for the next two hours while driving into work.
4. I have a stuffed pig named Piggy, she has a bed from Ikea, and I still buy her new clothes and dress her up. She has a distinct personality all her own ;)
5. I've had a facebook account since October of 2004.
Fun! I don't know if mine are that exciting but here they are!
1. I used to volunteer at an all-ages music organization
2. I really miss school of all levels, I love taking classes and the schedule of it all
3. I found out I was preggo on April Fools Day, that was no joke
4. We were pretty poor growing up and my mom had a lot of debt, so I get a lot of anxiety about going into debt, my fiance and I are total opposites about this
5. I was a cheerleader all 4 years in high school, and captain for the last two years
1. I played bass guitar all through middle and high school. One year, I played it in marching band because we had no tuba players. It involved a portable amplifier on a cart pushed by two freshmen.
2. I met my husband the first week of college, and he was such an amazing bass player that I never played again.
3. I love to jump on the bed at hotels, so I let my kids do it, too. But never at home.
4. In high school, I had a temporary job at a bank, explaining the ATM. That's how old I am.
5. If I start eating Spicy Nacho Doritos, there's no stopping.
1. i am a city girl through and through and yet i find myself living and working on a dairy and chicken farm.
2. i already have three degrees but would return to school in a heartbeat.
3. if i had to choose one thing to eat for the rest of my life it would be tree-ripened peaches from the niagara region.
4. i have an addictive personality so i shudder to think about what i would be addicted to if it wasn't coffee.
5. i have a thing about feet too...they absolutely must be clean (like sparkling, almost shiny clean) if they are to come anywhere near me. i don't like to have people touch my feet.
1 - my husband always wanted a dog, but I was terrified of them after being bitten as a little girl. I caved and we got our mini schnauzer and I can't get over what a dog lover I have turned into!
2 - I have been to the UK, France, the Netherlands, Italy, Turkey, Greece, and Egypt.
3 - I have completed approximately 125 scrapbook pages and 4 mini books so far this year. I never topped 100 pages in an entire year before.
4 - I usually drink about 100 ounces of water a day.
5 - my husband and I met on match.com, were engaged within three months, married a year later and celebrated our 2 year anniversary on 6/12.
Love this thread!
1) Zombies freak my out, like seriously freak me out!
2) I like to scuba dive, although I haven't done it often, it's still loads of fun.
3) My left thumb is way smaller and shorther than my right thumb.
4) In my teens I crossed the us/canada border to buy beer because we were all out at party and the stores in Canada were closed. Those were the days when you could cross without id.
5) Don't put a McCain cake in front of me and dare me to eat it all, because I will (not the full size tho) LOL!
how fun! and I love the movie Spirit...we still have it somewhere around here and I may just go watch it!
1. I married my boss.
2. I work out almost every day.
3. My daughter and I go and get the DQ blizzard of the month every month and rate them according to their yumminess.
4. The only reason I became a teacher for my retirement profession was so that I could have the summers off.
5. I watch Dirty Dancing every summer.
this is so much fun...
1. I have lived in many different countries and have enjoyed every bit of it.
2. I am a textile designer by profession and have also done fashion designing but do not enjoy it as much as I enjoy textile designing.
3. This might sound weird but I do not like drinking water at all....I mix something into it so that I like the taste.
4. As a child I always wanted to be a popcorn maker and now my 5 yr. old says the same thing...she does not even know that I wanted to be one.
5. My in laws live with me....it is annoying at times but I know that they need a lot of help right now due my father in law's health so I want to be there for them.
Playing along =)
1. I am a really messy person. I prefer to mess everything up then clean it later rather then clean along the way. I seriously wait until my entire house is a mess to clean it, or until someones coming over.
2. I have been in college since high school and have gone through 4 different majors. I can never make up my mind but hopefully will be finishing my degree in January!
3. I met my husband in June and were married in Vegas in September... this coming September will be our 6 year anniversary.
4. I can't stand the sound of people eating. Its so gross I have to walk away.
5. I really hate being outside, especially in the spring/ summer... I don't like being hot or the bugs. I have been like this since I was a child.
1. When I finished uni I moved interstate, 4 days after arriving the town flooded and was totally cut off from civilisation, so they had to use planes to drop food to the people in town.
2. A few years later I moved to a small town that was only accessible by road 6 months of the year.... the other 6 months you had to use a boat or plane.
3. Both my daughters names start and end with A.
4. I hate the cold .... so much so that my heater is set to 30 degrees c in winter.
5. I am completely addicted to chocolate, but only milk chocolate, I hate dark chocolate.
1. I moved to Ireland after high school and met my boyfriend there. He happened to be from Australia and so I moved back here (different city though) to be with him.
2. I would perfectly happy if I never lived somewhere for more than a few years at a time and just kept on moving forever. I love being somewhere new and creating a new normal.
3. I always had really blonde hair my whole life until I dyed it brown at 14. Now it grows dark and I have to dye it blonde :(
4. I was a competitive gymnast for 15 years.
5. Unless I want to get a new boyfriend, I won't be able to use my all time favourite name when I have kids because it just sounds so ridiculous with his last name.
love this thread!
1 - I met my husband on LavaLife.. 6 yrs later, 2 kids & a dog and some major life events and we are still going strong<3
2 - Since having kids, I cannot watch any show or movie where a child gets hurt or killed (ie Criminal Minds etc)
3 - I love going for Sunday drives on back country roads
4 - My favourite vacation was in the summer of 1999 when my friend Chris was teaching in Japan, & he invited me to come travel through Japan for 2 1/2 weeks! We travelled from Osaka to Sapporo and everywhere in between!
5 - Dill Pickle Chips & Ketchup chips are my favourite!!!
1- i worked in ireland in a pub where gaelic was the first language not english, way down south!
2- i hate moths.. like really hate them! they put me into a tail spin :)
3- we dont have a tv that is tuned into anything, it is only good for dvds!
4- i gave my sons 2 middle names and my daughters 1 middle name.
5- i really try to be organised and tidy... but i am so hopeless at it! lol