Head back to school—Design School! In this second installment of her popular class, Catherine Davis, Creative Director here at Studio Calico, is back sharing more scrapbook layout design ideas that “wow.” Get access to Catherine’s best photography tips and ideas for working with a kit. Taking concepts learned in the first Design School class, dive deeper by learning how to mix and match patterns, embellish from a design perspective, and how to use stamping to tell a visual story. In this class, Catherine will be using student photos for her projects to demonstrate how to address real-life design problems. At the end of this class, you’ll have the confidence to make design choices you’ll love and stay inspired to create gorgeous layouts!
Here's some of what you'll learn:
- Photography - Pick up tips for editing and cropping images, as well as choosing impactful photos for projects.
- Working with a kit - Explore how to marry kit elements to create cohesive layouts that wow.
- Pattern - Learn how to successfully mix and match patterns or create your own designs.
- Embellishing - Approach the fun bits and pieces from kits in a way that takes the process from decorating a page to designing it.
- Stamping - Review techniques and ideas for incorporating stamps to tell visual stories.
Visit Design School 2 in the shop to find out everything you need to know!
EARLY BIRD BONUS: Let Catherine take on YOUR design challenges! All students who enroll by 10/20 at 11:59 pm EST will be entered for a chance to have Catherine work with their photos in one of her lessons. This is a one-of-a-kind chance to see how Catherine would approach your real-life design challenges.
Design School 2 starts November 13th! Sign up today to save your spot in class and dive deeper into layout design!