WhamBamPam (Pink Rewards Subscriber) WhamBamPam says…

NO/LO FRIDAY CHECK-IN & CHALLENGE Mar 17, 2017

03/17/2017

THIS THREAD IS OPEN TO ALL, IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ADD YOUR 2 CENTS, FEEL FREE, YOU ARE WELCOME.
@bandaidqueen@BethMB@Binxcat1@Brinkleyboy@CeliseMcL@ciahansen@CristinaC@cloudyya@gabber@instantphoebe@joelaw@juliee@Kaybree@Leah@LuckyJava@mandy1632@MariClaudi@MichelleWedertz@pamllaguno@patowle@penny@Rockermorsan@serenek@TerryB@Theresa@tpgirl
Happy St-Paddy's Day! I know you are probably expecting a challenge about something "green" & well, I'm not going to disappoint you...

CHECK-IN: I bought the digital version of Ali’s EAT story kit. I wanted the stamp, but I got what I essentially wanted, the kit that I will be able to use for scrapbooking & to resize to use in my MAMBI Happy Planner PL. I'll be honest, some things are easy. I used to religiously buy all a lot of digital products from SC, now I don't. Some things are hard, I still have the WITL kit sitting in my cart as well as the AM & PM dies & until the end of the month (if I can hold out) there they will sit until the free ship offer is gone & my "frugal" side refuses to pay the shipping.
Then another online shop sent me a Flash Sale email for the Precision Press at 50% off, TEMPTATION.
How was your week? Did you buy only what you intended to buy?

ORGANIZATION CHALLENGE: Today I am tackling paper(s). All the little notes to myself, the phone numbers, web sites, genealogy or memory keeping ephemera. This is one of my worst habits, I scratch pad everything & then I can't remember what it was for. So far in 2017 I've been trying to tackle it by: Notebooks (especially when I didn't write down that super fun challenge I had thought of, I'm still not over forgetting... urrggg). Now I have a challenge notebook, a genealogy notebook, a to do notebook, I am going to be using the printable that was in Marcy's Organization For Memory Keepers class to make myself a tracking notebook for LOs, cards & projects. I think it will work perfectly (TY @marcypenner ).

SCRAPBOOKING CHALLENGE: Once again this a a two part challenge. PART 1 "Go Green" make any project featuring green. The color green, garden green, mean green $$$, eco green, St-Paddy's projects, including decorating your house or green beer green. PART 2 SC has given us a lot of lovely freebies, try to use one or more in your challenge project & 5 or more items from your stash. To help you find the freebies, I've included the link to the shop, just sort by "price - low to high"

https://www.studiocalico.com/shop?sort=new

Sign in or sign up to comment.

31 comments

1. CeliseMcL (Gold Rewards Subscriber) CeliseMcL says…
    03/17/2017

And happy St. Patrick's day to you! My corned beef in a pot of dark beer simmering away. I am looking forward to dinner tonight. I did buy a few items this week, not too extravagant: two spools of type writer ribbon, a velum adhesive (@Neela used this in the SB workshop) had to have it, a sympathy stamp set and a sympathy embossing folder. I need too many sympathy cards, it is a sad existence.
    I am pretty good at note taking, I have only two places I write things down.. But of course I am a SAH retiree, so it is probably easier for me than most to keep track of my notebooks and my few todos.

2 Reply 2 Replies
    1. WhamBamPam (Pink Rewards Subscriber) WhamBamPam says…
      03/17/2017

@CeliseMcL I've been known to rip off corners of foodstuff boxes, paperbags, gum wrappers. No paper is safe near me. What brand is the vellum tape? So far my best option for vellum is Xyron, but it still shows a bit. I love vellum, I think I could use it on every LO.

2. CeliseMcL (Gold Rewards Subscriber) CeliseMcL says…
      03/17/2017

@WhamBamPam it is PLUS velum adhesive .. Works better than ATG.

2. Joelaw (Gold Rewards Subscriber) Joelaw says…
    03/17/2017

Well, I subscribe to Ali's kit so there's that and then I bought Heidi's new storyline album and a couple of her coordinating card kits with the Michael's 50% off coupon (it was a printable - I went to two different stores/one twice).

2 Reply 0 Replies
  3. MariClaudi MariClaudi says…
    03/17/2017

I didn't do too well this week. I bought the WITL kit and a BUNCH of MAMBI Planner things. 2 of the planners were on clearance and the other items were 20% off. I'm returning one of the pricier items...don't like it...don't need it. I worked on my PL album but haven't done much else because of the construction going on in my house.

1 Reply 0 Replies
  4. ciahansen (Pink Rewards Subscriber) ciahansen says…
    03/17/2017

My in-laws are coming this weekend and my mother-in-law is trying her hand at scrapbooking so I cleaned up in my scrap space in anticipation of her visit. Got everything off the floor, which feels like a huge accomplishment. I also rearranged some of my drawers so that I could make a drawer just for acrylic stamps (I am accumulating lots that I have never used). I am hoping that having them closer to my alphas and labels (things I reach for constantly) will encourage me to use my stamps too. I still need to clear off my workspace, but that won't take as long as the floor did.

The main project that was on the floor was my 2016 December Daily. I really really want to finish that ASAP. I moved it from the floor to on top of my drawers so it is now right in my line of sight as I enter my scrap space. It looks really inspiring the way I have the star boxes that the AE kits come in all stacked up together, so hopefully that will be some major motivation to work on it a little bit at a time.

No new purchases this week although I did put some things in my cart at an online vendor. Didn't press the order submit button though!

2 Reply 2 Replies
      03/17/2017

@ciahansen I boxed up my unfinished DD, but I just watched a YouTube walk through that has me wanting to pull it out again & continue.
      FYI try not to mention other online competition by name, it's against SC TOU (terms of use)

2. ciahansen (Pink Rewards Subscriber) ciahansen says…
      03/19/2017

Hi @WhamBamPam, thanks for the reminder about online competition - I edited my post. I'm impressed you boxed it up -- I usually just pile them up!

5. tpgirl (Silver Rewards Subscriber) tpgirl says…
    03/17/2017

I just got back from a huge Family Dinner at my parents (Corn Beef of course)....I am going to try and roll myself into the scraproom and make a page before I go to bed.

Last week I never posted that I fell off the wagon and spent $25.68 on Paper and misc tags.
    This week I spent $5 on a stencil and $18 for a "Storyline" album. (The album doesn't count against my self budget).
    March has been my most expensive month yet! . I am still 8.91 under budget for the year but I will probably spend that this weekend.
    I am pretty happy with my output of pages for 2017. I have finished 19 traditional layouts and 15 pocket page spreads. Honestly the pocket pages use very little product but I am really trying to use my stamps a lot on those pages to make the stamps a better value.

1 Reply 2 Replies
      03/18/2017

Corned beef was so good last night! I have left overs for hash and reubens next week.
      You have been pumping out the pages, good for you.

2. tpgirl (Silver Rewards Subscriber) tpgirl says…
      03/18/2017

Thanks @CeliseMcL, I am trying to finish my Sprink Break 2016 album before we on March 31st for Spring Break 2017 that is why I have really been cranking out the pages. I know that when I get back I will want to work on the new photos.

6. Rockermorsan (Gold Rewards Subscriber) Rockermorsan says…
    03/18/2017

The Avery index tabs were finally back in stock at Ali Edwards so I ordered two packs of those plus the word stickers bulk package. I'm also feeling the need for some tweezers to be able to attach letter stickers more precisely. I've inherited my mom's chubby fingers! Cute but impractical... :D

2 Reply 0 Replies
  7. CristinaC CristinaC says…
    03/19/2017

Check-in: oh dear. I didn't make any scrapbooking purchases in the past couple of weeks, so on that front I've been doing OK, but I've been making plenty of other purchases, including an online watercolor lettering class, and an order of watercolors and brushes just this morning. Oooops. I'm feeling a bit guilty since they all add up, but that didn't stop me because I'm really looking forward to playing and experimenting with new things.
    The good thing is that I haven't been buying any kits (except for Roman Holiday that I've killed right away), so I'm using up my huge scrapbook stash. I haven't been as good steering away from embellishments - puffy stickers and washi tape are hard to resist. But I 100% love everything I've bought and I've started using it all, so at least there's that. :)

1 Reply 2 Replies
      03/20/2017

@CristinaC you are not subbing anymore? The watercolor class sounds like fun. I may start art classes too, I have all summer.

2. CristinaC CristinaC says…
      03/20/2017

@CeliseMcL dropped my Doc sub of 46 months after October.

8. mandy1632 (Gold Rewards Subscriber) mandy1632 says…
    03/21/2017

Definition: wagon, (noun) - see "completely fallen off"
    hah! Now to work on a green layout. <3

1 Reply 1 Reply
      03/21/2017

Can't wait to see what you create, don't worry about the wagon. That's a scrapbook story just waiting to be told :D

9. penny (Gold Rewards Subscriber) penny says…
    03/21/2017
    Eubank anniv 2017 original

I did great this week at NOT spending. I didn't buy a single craft-related item. Don't ask about clothes, though. I have been a total failure at organization, however. I've made a couple of cards, but I'm pretty sure there isn't a clean 12x12 space on my desk to make a layout. Just being real here.

I did make a card for this challenge, though! Very green. I don't have many freebies printed, and my printer is running out of ink, so I just used two tiny phrase strips that were part of the National Scrapbooking Day printable. And everything is fairly old and from my stash. The newer items are the colorful wonky hearts. The gold and woodgrain hearts are very old, as are the ribbon, green cardstock, wood birdies, and "Flight Plan" patterned paper. The stamp is one or two years old, from the Pineapple stamp set.
    https://www.studiocalico.com/galleries/201144-birds-hearts-anniversary

3 Reply 1 Reply
      03/21/2017

Very cute card, I have those same wooden birdies. I also picked up some new clothes. I was feeling very repetitive at work. Monday = red top, Tuesday = blue stripes, etc...

10. Brinkleyboy (Gold Rewards Subscriber) Brinkleyboy says…
    03/21/2017

I totally was led astray from said spending freeze by @WhamBamPam 's comments about the new AE story kit and had to go see what all the excitement was about. I had dropped my sub so haven't been to her site for awhile. I am glad I didn't hesitate and come back later as I saw the kit sold out right away. I ended up buying both the kit and stamp (because then I got the digitals free). :p Love that kit, and I know I will get a lot of use out of it, and already broke it in on a layout already...not green though!

1 Reply 2 Replies
      03/21/2017

@Brinkleyboy I'm so sorry for enabling, to be fair I am very exciting about this story kit. Right now I'm fighting my own battles. I never jumped on the traveller's notebook bandwagon... but now Webster's Pages has a large version called a Composition Planner which can hold 3 notebooks. I'm am trying to organize myself & I can do that with all the notebooks I already own... but WPs Composition Planner & notebooks are so pretty... sigh!
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=394kKfGIRIs

2. Brinkleyboy (Gold Rewards Subscriber) Brinkleyboy says…
      03/21/2017

I am too! Thank you for sharing!

11. WhamBamPam (Pink Rewards Subscriber) WhamBamPam says…
    03/22/2017

Seeing as March LOAW #5 and this week's NO/LO challenge are quite similar, feel free to cross post your projects for both challenges.
    https://www.studiocalico.com/forums/studio-chat/topics/85909-march-2017-loaw-5?recent_forum=recent

0 Reply 0 Replies
  12. mandy1632 (Gold Rewards Subscriber) mandy1632 says…
    03/22/2017
    Img 20170322 150148 original

This started out being all about the shades of green in the photo but ended up somewhere else entirely... Loads of stash & paint used - technically a freebie, since the puffy stickers are from the sneak for next month. I've got loads of little green leaves cut out to use on another project, I suppose.

2 Reply 3 Replies
      03/22/2017

Very inspired. The blue paint really changes up that patterned paper.

2. mandy1632 (Gold Rewards Subscriber) mandy1632 says…
      03/22/2017

I probably should've used green in the background if I wanted to use *all those cut green leaves* and have them match - but I really wanted to use that little fox/wolf/canid from the Arendal cut files and it was already attached to that blue paper.

3. mandy1632 (Gold Rewards Subscriber) mandy1632 says…
      03/24/2017
      Img 20170324 115144 original

@WhamBamPam I couldn't take it. I totally redid this LO. :)

13. CeliseMcL (Gold Rewards Subscriber) CeliseMcL says…
    03/23/2017

I got my St Paddy's day photos printed yesterday. Here is a two page spread from my Documentor album. I used a combo of digitals and a few journal cards, stamps and paper from stash.

1 Reply 1 Reply
      03/23/2017

I see you got your "St-Paddy's Day" on, great layout.

14. Rockermorsan (Gold Rewards Subscriber) Rockermorsan says…
    03/25/2017
    1 Reply 1 Reply
      03/25/2017

I love the pop of yellow from the flowers.