CatherineDavis (Studio Calico Creative Team Member) CatherineDavis says…

Digital template tutorial on the SC blog today!

10/10/2013

Wanted to give you all a heads up about the video tutorial we're sharing today. I'm going over the basics on using the templates, plus some editing tips. Hope you find it helpful! Please give a shout if you have any questions.

http://www.studiocalico.c

Sign in or sign up to comment.

17 comments

1. CatherineDavis (Studio Calico Creative Team Member) CatherineDavis says…
    10/10/2013

Wanted to give you all a heads up about the video tutorial we're sharing today. I'm going over the basics on using the templates, plus some editing tips. Hope you find it helpful! Please give a shout if you have any questions.

http://www.studiocalico.com/blog/2013/10/10/template-tutorial-catherine-davis

1 Reply 0 Replies
  2. Msaula Msaula says…
    10/11/2013

Loved the tutorial Catherine! Question for you or any of the digital scrapbookers: After you create your layout using the templates do you print on photo paper? Or on card stock? Since there are photographs mixed with design elements, I'm not sure which to use.

0 Reply 0 Replies
  3. pegg pegg says…
    10/11/2013

Thank you for the tutorial - it was really helpful esp the parts about changing the colors and fonts. I hope you release more! I going to use your templates and frame them for family and friends.

I'd love to see how you would use stamp brushes with them. And also, maybe there could be a section in the gallery for the templates. I tried looking for examples, but they were hard to find.

1 Reply 0 Replies
  4. CatherineDavis (Studio Calico Creative Team Member) CatherineDavis says…
    10/11/2013

Msaula: I print all of my photos and designs on Epson Premium Presentation paper. Sometimes I'll print an odd thing on HP photo paper in 4x6 or 5x7 sizes if I want something glossy.

pegg: Good suggestion! In the meantime, here are some awesome examples I found by searching "template" in the gallery search. Some great uses of the digital stamps too!

0 Reply 0 Replies
  5. CatherineDavis (Studio Calico Creative Team Member) CatherineDavis says…
    10/11/2013
    Stephaniebryan triangleweek

Stephanie Bryan

0 Reply 0 Replies
  6. CatherineDavis (Studio Calico Creative Team Member) CatherineDavis says…
    10/11/2013
    Free concert

Sasha Farina

0 Reply 0 Replies
  7. CatherineDavis (Studio Calico Creative Team Member) CatherineDavis says…
    10/11/2013
    Boys of summer 1

ANABELLE O'MALLEY

1 Reply 0 Replies
  8. CatherineDavis (Studio Calico Creative Team Member) CatherineDavis says…
    10/11/2013
    Today

Mardi

0 Reply 0 Replies
  9. CatherineDavis (Studio Calico Creative Team Member) CatherineDavis says…
    10/11/2013
    Img 5765

Celine Navarro

0 Reply 0 Replies
  10. CatherineDavis (Studio Calico Creative Team Member) CatherineDavis says…
    10/11/2013
    Pdx

Tina Aszmus

0 Reply 0 Replies
  11. CatherineDavis (Studio Calico Creative Team Member) CatherineDavis says…
    10/11/2013
    Spencersprojectlife weekeightweb

MaryAnn Perry

0 Reply 0 Replies
  12. CatherineDavis (Studio Calico Creative Team Member) CatherineDavis says…
    10/11/2013
    Awesome

Ginny Hughes

0 Reply 0 Replies
  13. Msaula Msaula says…
    10/12/2013

Wow....awesome examples! And I will look for the Epson Presentation paper....thank you!

0 Reply 0 Replies
  14. qingmei qingmei says…
    10/12/2013

Catherine, the examples you picked are so gorgeous.

0 Reply 0 Replies
  15. ginny ginny says…
    10/12/2013

Thanks Catherine and Geralyn :) I have printed on both the Epson Presentation paper and photo paper and even patterned paper, it just depends on the look that I am going for. Sometimes I just print out a few of pieces of the template and put that on patterned paper. It is so much fun working with the templates!! You will get hooked:)

0 Reply 0 Replies
  16. jenjeb (Gold Rewards Subscriber) jenjeb says…
    10/12/2013

Thanks Catherine for the tutorial! This gives me the extra push to try it out even more :)

I also would also love if maybe there was a section for just templates in the gallery as well. Maybe it could be added to the drop down menu under "Technique" ? That way we can pull up all the examples of templates being used.

0 Reply 0 Replies
  17. gina200 gina200 says…
    06/19/2016

These links seem to be gone... I know it was a while ago but this post still has a sticky so I thought they might still work...

0 Reply 0 Replies