life | scripted
Bring creative play into your memory keeping with the art of brush script. This month renowned artist, Kal Barteski, brings her popular class on brush script to the Calico Classrooms. Learn the ins and outs of brushes and inks to take a variety of projects to the next level with your own handwriting. Our Creative Team members will join in to inspire you how to incorporate your new skills into your pages and projects for 2014.
By enrolling, you'll have immediate access to the classroom and class message board. This class was active Feb 2014, and is now available as a self paced workshop.
Sneak peek :
Week 1 : Brush script lessons from Kal
- Feb 1st : Intro, Clean + Load, Lesson 1, Feb 4th : Lesson 2, Feb 6th : Lesson 3
Weeks 2-4 : Using script on layouts, Project Life® spreads, cards and more
- New PDFs with contributor projects posted each Tuesday and Thursday
by enrolling in this class you'll receive :
- Videos from Kal, demonstrating brush script exercises and techniques
- PDFs from expert crafters sharing lideas for using brush script on layouts, cards, Project Life® spreads and more.
- Access to a class message board and gallery, where you can share and learn with your teacher and fellow students
- Weekly challenges to inspire you to use what you've learned
What you'll need :
- Brush - Kal recommends a Bamboo brush in size 2 and size 4. These brushes are perfectly suited for brush script - their shape means that they can make both thin and thick strokes. The bristles hold a lot of paint, so you're able to make long continuous designs.
- Paint - You can work with Gouache, Acrylic, or even Mister Huey's. High quality paint materials will offer a better finished design.
- Drawing paper - You'll be practicing on scraps and printer paper, but you'll need drawing paper for your finished designs.
- Paint Palette - Having a paint palette will make it easier to reload your brush and continue making gorgeous script!
Bonus Digital Files :
- printable journal cards, accents and labels from Hello Forever
- cut files from Hello Forever and Shanna Noel
- layered template (12x12", 8.5x11", 4x6" & 3x4") from Shanna Noel