- How do I order?
- Kits are posted at 12:00am EST on the 28th of each month. At that time all kits and add-ons are available for purchase while supplies last. Upon sell-out, there will not be a link to purchase, but you may email email@example.com for more information. Subscribers to either the monthly scrapbook kit, card kit or Project Life kit are able to order their add-ons 12 hours early at 12:00pm EST on the 27th.
- Can I switch from one type of kit to another?
- Studio Calico kits are not interchangeable. You are welcome to cancel a current subscription and start a new one to a different kit, however cancellation fees will apply if you have not fulfilled the 6 month commitment. Also, current Rewards status is non-transferable from one type of kit to another.
- What forms of payment does Studio Calico accept?
- Studio Calico accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, JCB, and Diners Club cards. Debit cards that are backed by any of the above listed cards are accepted as well. You may change your billing information at any time by accessing your dashboard (click your username in the upper right corner).
- What is the price of the basic Studio Calico monthly kits?
- Scrapbook kits are $34.50 plus S&H without a subscription, card kits are $29.50 plus S&H without a subscription and project life kits are $24.95 plus S&H without a subscription. For a subscription (see below for terms) the rate is $29.50 for scrapbook kit, $24.50 for card kits and $19.99 for project life, plus S&H each month, if applicable.
- When will my credit/debit card be billed?
- Your card will be billed immediately for all first time purchases including subscriptions, single-kit purchases, and add-ons. For subscribers, your card will be billed on the 1st of the month on an ongoing basis.
- What is the return policy?
- A complete list of kit contents are included in each item description as well as a photo of each. Content and descriptions for all classes are listed as well. Please review all items carefully before a purchase is made as all sales are final. All items in your cart are listed for review before purchase. In addition, completed orders are listed on your dashboard. Please review those items, as these terms apply to duplicate items as well.
- What are the terms for Preordering?
- Please read all terms thoroughly before agreeing to purchase via the Preorder system. Once added to the Preorder list for a subscription or individual kit, you have agreed to purchase that particular item. Any cancellation of a Preordered subscription or individual kit will be subject to a $15 cancellation fee, unless a different amount is stipulated in the terms of the agreement.
- When will kits be shipped?
- For subscribers, kits will be shipped by the 10th of the month provided the order and payment was received by the 5th. Kits shipped domestically or to Canada are shipped via UPS and usually take 2-5 business days. The exception is kits shipped to Hawaii, Alaska, PO Boxes and Military Bases, which are shipped via USPS. International customers (except Canada) are also shipped via USPS or UPS expedited depending on the weight of the package. Single Project Life kits are also an exception. These are sent via USPS at a reduced shipping rate if only the Project Life kit is ordered. If additional items are added to the order, then PL kits are shipped via UPS or USPS depending on the size and weight. Estimated shipping time for International packages is 4-7 days if shipped UPS expedited or 10-15 days if shipped via the USPS. Packages are deemed "lost" after 45 days from shipment date. Singapore and Malaysia have a special exemption of 60 days and Brazil has a 120-day exemption. Packages are not considered "lost" until after the posted date.
- What about shipping costs?
- A flat rate of $8.25 is charged for all orders shipped within the United States and Puerto Rico. Orders ship to Canada for a flat rate of $10.75. All other international orders are charged the shipping rate shown at checkout. Shipping for project life kits is $5.49 for US customers, $6.99 for Canada and $8.99 for International customers. Shipping for the Project Life kit is based on weight, if you order additional items and it increases the weight of the package, then regular flat rate shipping charges apply. Studio Calico reserves the right to revise shipping policies at any given time. On all international orders, including Canada, a 3.9% service fee is assessed due to increased order processing time and to decrease customs interference.
- How do I qualify for free shipping?
- For subscribers, if the total of your purchases between the 27th and the end of the month, including the price of your subscription, is greater than $79 ($99 for Canadian customers), you will not be charged a shipping fee. For non-subscribers, to take advantage of free shipping, your total in a single order must be greater than $79 ($99 for Canadian customers). The total for free shipping is taken after discounts. Digital, classes, and gift certificates do not apply to the shipping total. International orders do not have a free shipping threshold.
- What are the add-on shipping costs?
- All regular add-ons ship free with either the monthly scrapbook subscription or the monthly card kit!!! If you purchase an add-on with a single Project Life subscription you will be charged the shipping fee that is applicable to the area you live in. For subscribers, you orders will automatically bundle with your monthly kit if purchased between the 27th and the end of the month. For non-subscribers to take advantage of the low-rate shipping, you must checkout all items and kits in one single order.
- What is the shipping cost to send multiple monthly kits to one destination?
- You may ship up to 3 monthly kits (plus as many add-ons and shop items as you'd like on one order) for one shipping charge. No more than 3 monthly kits, in any combination (card, scrapbook or project life) will be shipped for one shipping fee. Orders with more than 3 will be contacted individually for payment processing of the additional shipping fee. To take advantage of this offer, all kits MUST be ordered and paid through the same username. If you'd like additional information, please contact us.
- What if my kit is damaged?
- We take care in packaging each kit, however, damage occasionally occurs during shipment. If your kit arrives damaged, please contact us within 10 days of receipt. Take photos of the damage, as well as the outside of the box if applicable, and start a conversation with us on the Contact Page. If your item is available, we will ship the product in your next month's kit. If the item is out of stock, a refund in the form of store credit will be issued.
- What happens if an item is missing from my order?
- Although we never intend for this to happen, we sometimes make mistakes. If you are affected, please open a conversation with us on the Contact page. If the item is still in stock, we will ship the product in your next month’s kit. If the item is out of stock, a store credit refund will be issued.
- Can I skip kits?
- Unfortunately, kits on a subscription plan may not be skipped. However, we understand there may be extenuating circumstances which will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. Just reach out to us on the Contact Us page.
- Can I cancel a subscription?
- Should you wish to cancel a subscription, you must email us via the "Contact Us" page. Keep in mind, there will be a $15 fee charged at time of cancellation if subscription is canceled after the 20th of the month and/or before 6 months of subscriptions have been purchased. Subscriptions to card kits and scrapbook kits are not interchangeable.
- How do I make changes in my shipping or billing information?
- All changes in information must be made by clicking on your username in the upper right corner. Address changes for subscribers must be made before the 26th of the month in order to not incur an added fee.
- May I post items for sale at StudioCalico.com?
- In an effort to protect our customers, it is against Studio Calico policy to allow buying/selling to take place on our message board. Any such posts will be deleted. Please refrain from posting links to other retail sites that sell similar products. These posts will be deleted as well.
How will my kit be shipped?
Our two primary methods of shipping are United States Postal Service and UPS. Domestic packages less than 1 lb. and PO Box/APO addresses will be shipped via USPS. Domestic packages more than 1 lb. will be shipped via UPS Ground. For Canada, packages more than 1 lb. will be shipped via UPS Standard, packages less than 1 lb. will be shipped USPS. International packages that are either less than 4 lbs. or shipping to UPS lanes 606/607/608 (Ex: South America, South Africa, Poland, Russia) will be shipped via USPS, without tracking numbers. All packages greater than 4 lbs. will be shipped via UPS World Wide Expedited.
• Multiple orders are bundled automatically and combine towards *free shipping when you order between the 27th and end of the month. Your subscription will not be assessed the shipping fee if the combined total (including subscription price) is greater than $79, $99 Canada.
• 10% off online classes
• 10% off digital items
• Special promotions and discounts given periodically
• Earn Calico Points on add-on purchases (3-4 points per dollar depending on the number of subscriptions you have)
*free shipping does not apply to international orders
Rewards customers are simply subscribers who have purchased 12 consecutive months of kits. Benefits to rewards customers include:
• 10% discount on add-on kit purchases. This discount is automatically applied to your order and can be combined with other specials and promotions.
• 25% discount off online classes
• 25% discount off digital items
• Priority shipping. Your package will be in the first batch of packages shipped each month.
• Special promotions and discounts given periodically
• Order add-ons 12 hours early during a special presale
• Multiple orders are bundled automatically and combine towards free shipping when you order between the 27th and end of the month. Your subscription will not be assessed the shipping fee if the combined total (including subscription price) is greater than $79,or $99 for Canadian customers.
• Earn Calico Points on add-on purchases at 5 points per dollar
*free shipping does not apply to international orders
Q: How do I earn Calico Points?
A: 1) Refer a friend – Get 500 points per subscription for you and your friend! Yes that’s right, YOU and your FRIEND will each receive points based on how many kits they subscribe to. Points cannot be accrued on referrals to the waiting list. 2) Buy Add-on Kits – Earn up to 5 points for every dollar spent! 3 points per dollar if you have one subscription, 4 points per dollar if you have multiple subscriptions, 5 points per dollar if you are a rewards subscriber! 3) Special Deals – Keep your eye out to earn EXTRA points on featured products, double & triple points, and more!
Q: What is the currency rate for these points?
A: 100 points = $1.00
Q: How do I redeem my Calico Points?
A: Points may only be spent on add-on kits. This includes the smaller add-ons such as the grid cards and cardstock packs.
Q: How quickly will I receive my points after my purchase is complete?
A: Points are applied two weeks after purchase transaction is completed. Within the first two weeks your points will show up as pending and once activated, they will automatically show up in your account and will be ready to spend (or save)!
Q: Do my points expire?
A: If your Calico Points go unused, they will expire a year from the date that they were earned. For example, if you earned your points on January 1st, 2013, they will expire on December 31st, 2013.
Q: How do I refer a friend?
A: You must be a subscriber to refer a friend. Through our “refer a friend” page, you can share Studio Calico with your friends in three ways: Posting on your Facebook or Twitter page or sending an email to as many friends as you would like. And to make it easier for you, we have our website set up where you can do both from your dashboard. You may also copy and paste your personal referral link anywhere you wish. Users may not refer themselves for another subscription. Referral points do no accrue on gift subscriptions.
Q: Once my friend clicks on my referral link, how much time do they have to decide?
A: Referral links only last one month from the time it’s been clicked on. This link MUST be clicked on in order to receive points. If the user has clicked on multiple referral links within a 1-month period, the point credit is given to the most recent link clicked on, prior to purchase. Points are not given to multiple referrers for a single referral purchase.
Q: What if my friend signs up for multiple subscriptions?
A: You will receive 500 Calico points per subscription. This means, if your friend subscribes to all 3 kits, you will receive 1500 Calico Points!!!
Q: What if I gave the link to my friend and they ordered a kit, but I don’t see points on my account?
A: No points will be added based on verbal referrals or referrals in any other form. Referral links only last one month from the time it’s been clicked. This link MUST be clicked on in order to receive points. If the user has clicked on multiple referral links within a 1-month period, the point credit is given to the most recent link clicked on, prior to purchase. Points are not given to multiple referrers for a single referral purchase.
Q: Let’s say I purchased an item using my Calico Points but I ended up returning it. Do I get my points back?
A: Points cannot be returned. In store credits are given based on the terms of purchase policy.
Q: Will we ever be given chances to earn double points?
A: Yes!!!!!!!!!! Even triple points! For example, for the first month of our new Calico Points system, Internationals and Canadians will earn double points! Don’t worry, domestics you will have your chance too!
Q: Can I transfer my Calico points between multiple accounts?
A: Sorry! Each point awarded is account specific and nontransferable.
Q: Can I refer a friend that already subscribes to a kit or has subscribed in the past?
A: Yes, you may refer anyone, however points are only given for customers who have not previously subscribed.
Q: Can I spend only a portion of my points? For example, if I have a balance of $20 worth of points, is it possible to spend just $15? Will the remaining $5 still stay as a balance?
A: Each time you choose to apply points, it will apply all that are in your balance unless your balance exceeds the amount that is in your purchase. For example, if you have $20 worth of points, click "apply points" at checkout on a $15 order, there will be a remaining $5 as a balance and $0 owed on product. However, if you have $20 worth of points, click "apply points" at checkout on a $25 order, there will be a $0 balance and $5 owed at checkout plus S&H.
Q: Are points accrued before or after discounts are applied?
A: Points are accrued after discounts have been applied. The total charge, with the exemption of shipping, is the amount of points you will receive from that transaction.