This weeks challenge is to use your handwriting!!!
I know that many people shy away from this because they don't love their own writing or they are worried about ruining the page. But we are challenging you to embrace your handwriting and use it on a layout!! It adds such a nice personal touch and makes the layout uniquely yours.
Here are a few tips for using your handwriting on your pages.
1. Practice first. If you are worried about messing up, practice what you want to say on scratch paper first. Then you will know the spacing and how much room to allow.
2. You can always write with a pencil first and then go over it with a pen or marker after.
3. Draw lines as a guide for your writing. I like mine to look a little messy so I just freehand the lines but you can use a ruler for a more tidy look.
4. Use it to help with your design. Often I add the journaling in as a way to add weight to a certain area of my layout. It can help to balance out your page if you have areas that feel like they are missing something.
5. Just go for it!! The more you do it, the easier it will get!Use your handwriting on your next project! Create a new project for this challenge, then share it in the Studio Calico gallery. Leave us a link to your project by July 22nd in the comments here to be entered to win a $5 GC to the Studio Calico Shop.