I took a little (maybe a lot) of inspiration from a card I did last month to create this Mother’s day card. It is a favorite card design that I really wanted to recreate with just a slight difference from the original. I love layering pattern tags and using butterflies-every card should have a butterfly in my opinion!
1. I used an A2 card and cut my pattern paper to fit the card.
2. Use a 2in circle die to cut the peek-a-boo window into the pattern paper.
3. Punch or die-cut a 3in butterfly.
4. Adhere butterfly to the center of circle cutout with a popdot. I did a little stitching on the butterfly before adding to my card.
5. Using a tag die, I cut two tags out of two different pattern papers.
6. Tape the tags together, add a mini paper clip then add to the card.
7. On a small strip, stamp sentiment.
8. Using popdots, adhere the sentiment strip to the card.
And you're done! Nothing beats a handmade card for mom on her big day. This design is versatile enough to use for many occasions, but I hope you find use for it on Mother's Day this year, and if you do, link your project in the comments! Thanks for stopping by!