Class KitFREE with purchase of class and FREE shipping! While supplies last.
While supplies last, Design School students will receive a free workbook to hold class inspiration. Each lesson has its own section with room for lesson notes, page ideas and sketches - use it to record what you learn in class and you'll have a great reference tool. This workbook is sized to fit in a Traveler's Notebook, and will ship for free, no matter where you are!
What you'll learn
- EDITING - The decision of what elements should take part in your work and what needs to be left out is a design fundamental.
- MOVEMENT - Explore how to create movement and draw your viewer's eye through your work with specific arrangements of design elements.
- SCALE - Learn how the relationship of different design elements is impacted by decisions about scale, size & proportion, and how to use scale to make an impact.
- TYPOGRAPHY - Review how typography can enhance your memory keeping, and how to use type as a focal point on a project.
- PATTERN - Learn how to make impactful decisions on choosing product, pairing elements on projects and creating patterns through techniques.
- COLOR - Dive into how color & color combos can affect your layouts.
Catherine Davis is the Director of Product & Design at Studio Calico. She collaborates with designers and manufacturers to make sure new products are ones she can't wait to use herself. A veteran newspaper designer and Art Director, Catherine moved to Kentucky in 2014 with husband Jim and twin daughters, Maggie and Charlotte. When she’s not working or crafting, Catherine loves bargain shopping, Starbucks, and watching British costume dramas.
What comes with this class
- 6 video lessons from Catherine, each exploring a different design topic in depth. Catherine will be sharing new layouts, as well as examples from her past work that show editing, scale, color, typography, movement and pattern in action.
- 12 layouts from contributors that share how they use the design topics in their work.
- Interaction with Catherine on a class message board during July & August
- Challenges from Catherine to keep you on track with building your album
- While supplies last, Design School students will receive a workbook for free.
- Live chat with your teacher and fellow students