Letterpress is an age old art - and one of the current hot trends in paper. Studio Calico is turning your workspace into a print shop with their new letterpress plates and the Lifestyle Crafts L-Letterpress platform. Here's a look at how it works :
So, are you ready to jump into the Letterpress craze? Here's what you'll need to get started :
•A willingness to explore and make a few mistakes along the way
• Lifestyle Crafts L Letterpress platform bundle (will be available at the end of this week)
•Manual diecut machine (Cuttlebug, Epic, Big Shot, Evolution)
• Letterpress Paper (We have thick and thin paper in a variety of sizes)
• Letterpress Ink (the sample pack in the class kit will start you off, but you’ll want more of your favorite colors.)
*The Letterpress Ink Bundle will ship separately from your order beginning the week of 8/26*
• Additional Studio Calico letterpress plates – Our first letterpress release is full of designs that complement one another, making it easy to mix and match to create a custom look.
• Studio Calico Craft Dies – Studio Calico’s wafer thin dies are designed to work with our letterpress plates and stamp sets to create your own custom accents.
• Cleaning Cloths – These aren’t required, but you’ll find they make clean up a lot easier!
• A large brayer – The letterpress bundle comes with an ink brayer, but you’ll find a larger brayer makes even inking on larger plates a cinch.
Want to learn more about Letterpress? Enroll now in Letterpress with Tina Aszmus!
Due to the late arrival of our letterpress supplies, enrollment for our Letterpress class will remain open until September 15th. Tina will be available to answer all of your questions on the class message board through December 1st - this will give you extra time to learn how to letterpress with the support of a knowledgeable teacher. Tina and her contributors will be exploring different letterpress techniques and sharing inspiration on how to work those pressed pieces into your Project Life spreads, layouts and cards.