1. Compromise: What compromises have you made lately? Here's a grand example of one of my recent compromises. My son painted this pumpkin before Halloween. When the holiday was over, the pumpkin was still going strong with no signs of rot, so I let him keep it out through the fall. And when Christmas came, it still looked great, so I told him he could keep it on display, but we had to make it fit with the rest of the Christmas-themed decor. There you have it. Compromise.
2. Weather -- What's it look like in your area? Are you having seasonably warm weather, or are you buried under mountains of snow? Take a shot of something that is a good visual representative of what it feels like to walk outside today.
3. Multiples -- Good things come in threes they say...and according to Sean, this especially applies to hot dogs. What's multiplying in your home recently?
4. Routine -- Sure, it's mundane. It's typical. It's what we do every day. And it's not necessarily exciting. But if we do it every day, it must be important to us, so why not document it? I stand at the stove every single morning and wait for the kettle so I can make my coffee or tea. And yes, now you've seen me in my bathrobe. You're welcome.
5. Hats -- Are you or one of your family members a hat person? What's your favorite and why? I'm a huge fan of the baseball cap. And I believe that every hat tells a story. (The story for these particular hats might be more obvious than most.)
6. Melting Point -- What melts your heart? The next time you catch yourself thinking, "Awwwwww...", stop and take a picture.
7. Games -- What games are you playing these days? Board, card, or video? Is there a gaming app that's become a guilty pleasure of yours?
I hope these ideas have got you thinking, and I'd love to see your pictures, as well as hear the stories behind them. Be sure to share on Instagram and tag them with #SCphotoprompts.