Hi, everyone! Rianne here. Today, I’ll be sharing with you my process of decorating my Monthly Reflection planner page with the August kit, Young At Heart.
I like this section of the Hello Forever Planner - it reminds me of the month’s little victories and happy memories! We need to pause and take a break from to-do lists and deadlines once in a while. You’ll find this page at the end of each month. It usually has a pocket divider of the upcoming month next to it, but for the month of July, it had an extra page that displays the shop details - which I reused and decorated with photos and stickers later on.
You may use a blank journal as an alternative and get ideas from the list prompts below:
Here are the steps that I went through to create my reflection spread:
1. Make a draft | I didn’t want to make mistakes on my reflection page, so I wrote my notes first on the lined ledger paper that came from the kit. The pen icon I stamped is from the 4x3” Planner stamp set (by Marcy Penner) that was released in August as an add-on. I referred to my July weekly planner pages and copied the highlights.
2. Choose embellishments | Another advantage of using scratch paper is that it helped me decide which embellishments to use. Some of the stickers and stamps had designs related to my answers! I wanted to be able to use at least one sticker or stamp from each set. I noted the supplies that I chose at the end of each list so I wouldn’t forget. Then I planned my color scheme with the help of the stamp from the same 4x3” Planner set. It’s so useful for planning art projects!
3. Adhere stickers | In the "Favorite Memories" section, I used the vellum arrow stickers as bullet points. The Hello Forever puffy stickers had positive sentiments on them, so I thought of adding some in the "Things I Learned" box. I love that I was able to find designs from the emoji sticker sheet that match my journaling in the "Personal Achievements" section. Yay! Then I chose a simple vellum label sticker for the “Overall, this month was...” box.
4. Add stamps | To get a clear image, I removed the page from the planner and stamped with the page on top of a cutting mat. In the "Creative Accomplishments" section, I used the craft icons from the 4x3" Planner stamp set as bullet points. In the "Things to Improve On" box, I stamped images from the 4x3" Lousy Day set by Jasmine Jones - these perfectly describe how I felt during the times I was stressed! :)
Here’s a look at the decorateed page without my handwriting:
5. Write words | I copied the list items from my guide. Yay for no errors! :)
6. Create a photo page | Other months do not have the extra shop details page, but you can create your own insert by cutting any paper to 16.8 cm x 20.8 cm. Use the divider as a guide for punching the holes. I chose my favorite photo from our family trip to Japan and printed it with my Canon Selphy printer. In Adobe Photoshop, I resized the photo to 12 x 9.2 cm and placed it on a 4 x 6” template. TIP: To maximize the use of my photo paper, I added digital elements from past Studio Calico kits on the extra white space. :)
Since the left page is filled with words and embellishments, I decided to make the right page minimal so that the overall spread wouldn’t look cluttered. I decorated the page with a H/F puffy sticker and some green Color Theory planner stickers. TIP: Use the pattern from the top part of the Color Theory stickers as washi tape!
Then I decorated the left page with the diagonal striped pattern that is located on top of the vellum arrow sticker sheets.
Here’s the finished layout! I hope this project will inspire you to take time to reflect on the month’s blessings, memories, and accomplishments, despite your busy schedule. :)