Hi, there! Are you ready for Valentine's Day? I sure am! I just sat down with the sticker sheet from the Sabrina add-on kit and had a blast making six cards! Yep, you read that right - SIX! I'll be sharing my process as well as a technique for making fast and fun backgrounds here! Join me for more in the video:
Here are some tips to keep in mind while you work:
- Work on heavyweight watercolor paper.
- Choose gelatos and Neocolor crayons that coordinate with the stickers you're working with. If you don't have these crayons, just use watercolors instead!
- Scribble your crayons onto your background - try not to overthink it! Sometimes I'll play music while I'm doing this so that I just go with the beat and have fun.
- Dab some water from your brush onto a paper towel or rag so that your brush is still pretty wet, but not dripping. This will help keep your paper from warping or buckling.
- Start blending your colors one at a time from dark to light.
- There are so many stickers, you'll be able to decorate the insides of the cards and the envelopes, too!
And here are some closeup photos of a couple of my finished cards!
Thanks so much for joining me, and happy Valentine's Day!