Hi there! Today I'm going to be sharing a fun technique video that uses Color Theory inks along with the Fruity stamp set by One Little Bird for Studio Calico. These inks + techniques + stamps = the perfect summer card!
Check it out:
Here are some takeaway tips from the video:
- These stamping techniques work great on everything from cards to layouts—just be sure to use heavyweight paper. I used Canson XL watercolor paper for my card.
- Ink your stamps with a light and dark inks for a cool shading effect, starting with the lightest color. I used "Flamingo" and "Well Red" for the watermelon and "Lime Light" and "Emerald City" for the rind.
- Lightly mist your stamps with water after inking to get the colors to blend. This only works with a water based dye ink—pigment inks and permanent inks like Stazon are a no go.
- On the other hand, stamp your details that you want to remain solid with permanent ink. :)
- Go along the edge of your stamped image with a wet brush to pull the color out—this is a great way to fill in negative space and add interest.
- One layer cards like this are perfect for sending in the mail!
Thanks so much for joining me! Now I'm hungry for watermelon, LOL! :)